The results are IN! IHob was a success.




Hi Folks,

Martin the Marketing Guy here with today's Marketing Minute. 

Today, I would like to discuss the IHob campaign results. 

There was a ton of buzz, both positive and negative over the IHop name change to IHob. I read several tweets bashing the marketing campaign, calling it a failure, calling for the ouster of the campaign creators. But, the facts speak louder than the anonymous detractors posting their unfounded opinions.

In an article by Danny Klein, on www.foodnewsfeed.com the positive results are out and impressive.

"Between June 4 through the end of June, more than 20,000 stories were written about the name change. The campaign produced more than 36 billion earned media impressions. Social media mentions of IHOP produced a potential reach of more than 4 billion people."

Although I do not have actual numbers on Earned Media before the campaign, I can assure you, my loyal readers, that it was far less than the estimated 36 billion impressions!

I had seen the name change on my local Fox Station, CNN and other TV stations. I had heard the news on the radio, including my favorite business show, Marketplace. And although I am a huge Kai Ryssdal fan, I hope he revisits the campaign and discusses the positive results, maybe in a "Corner Office" segment.

This has been the Marketing Minute. 

Comments